Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Professional Athletes Utilize Chiropractic Care


NFL Game Day Morning recently included on the show how Jacksonville Jaguar running back Maurice Jones-Drew utilizes chiropractic care to help him heal and perform better. Although the coverage was great, this is nothing new when it comes to professional athletes incorporating chiropractic.

In the recent past, chiropractic care has been utilized by many professional athletes, including Muhammad Ali, Nolan Ryan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Carl Lewis, Barry Bonds, Emmitt Smith, and Joe Montana. Jerry Rice once stated that "chiropractic care has been instrumental in my life, both on and off the field. . ."

As someone that races mountain bikes on a non-professional level, even I have been quite grateful to have immediate chiropractic care after a race. The jarring during a long ride or race can often cause my upper neck to tighten, leading to a headache. Having someone help correct the damage I know I am inflicting on myself with the sport I enjoy is certainly helpful!

But the question is why everyone, regardless of sport activity level, doesn't utilize chiropractic care. I'm not just referring to reducing symptoms, but providing a boost in performance. We may not all get to play for the Jacksonville Jaguars, but we all have people that depend on us.


Brian Lancaster, D.C.
Valley Chiropractic
Frederick, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment